Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:42:38 +0200
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        FreeBSD SCSI list <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>
Subject:   Re: i/o error with larger QIC

As Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Frankly, the big worry spot in a lot of this has been the toe
> stubbing around trying to do 2FM at EOT. Some drives support it,
> some drives don't.

Well, they should all support 2 FMs, but most of the QIC drives cannot
overwrite the last FM subsequently (the new Tandbergs only after
enabling it on some mode page), so you'd end up with 2 FMs between
files in the middle of the tape, which i've always found to be plain
annoying.

What would break if we dropped this (except for half-inch tapes)?

--
cheers, J"org