Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 00:24:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Lee Powers <duppowers@sprintmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Lee Powers wrote:

>um,no i said your site was cryptic i said please tell me the neame of the
>file install.html doesnt tell the filename please tell me.

Once again. There is no _one_ filename.

>From the website which is cryptic...

"Regardless of the installation media you choose, you can get started by
creating the installation disk as described below."

Also from the cryptic website...

3. If you don't have a CDROM distribution then simply download the
installation boot disk image file to your hard drive, being sure to tell
your browser to save rather than display the file. Note: This disk image
can only be used with 1.44 megabyte 3.5 inch floppy disks.

And just in case clicking on the link is too cryptic...

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.7-RELEASE/floppies/boot.flp

This is the file that you need to help you get all of the several hundred
other files that makeup the system.

Those instructions are completely usable by a complete newbie. I know. I
was a complete newbie when I used them. The real trick is that you _must_
read them.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/