Date:      08 Jun 2001 18:25:13 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@netzuno.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Two pam/ssh questions.

"Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@netzuno.com> writes:

> > > Second, I 'cvsup'd a couple of days ago, did a 'make world' last night
> > > and now am getting "sshd[NNN]: PAM setcred failed[6]: Permission denied"
> > > errors whenever I tried to ssh in from the outside.
>
> I am running in the same problem. In my setup, this occurs only when I am
> using RSA or DSA authentication (instead of clear-text password).

Dang. I *just* posted a query to -questions on exactly this, with
4.3-STABLE built from cvsup a few minutes ago, pam.conf updated via
mergemaster.

I removed my ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the server and was able to
login instead of getting the PAM setcred problem on the server.

At least I'm running again. But would be nice to have the RSA auth
working so I don't have to ship passwords around.

Thanks for the tip. I'll follow changes to pam more closely.