Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 23:05:08 -0400
From:      "DCMC Customer Liaison" <bgy2452@lists.dcro.dla.mil>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel:  Lost Configuration

 OK, I guess I still don't know what's going on.  I had a working kernel
with GENERIC.  Having made up a new kernel, the only things added were a
PS/2 mouse and a sound card.  I made a new kernel without an error.
However, when I finished with it, I had lost all my users and configuration
files.  What happened?

I can't do a make world because I'm running a minimal configuration with a
326 Mb hard disk and there isn't room for all the sources.  Why did this
happen and what do I do to correct/prevent it?

---Mike