Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:41:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wayne Cuddy <wayne@crb-web.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adding a PCMCIA modem to pccard.conf

I have a Lucent Venus 56k pcmcia modem.  I have been attempting to get it
working under FreeBSD 3.1R.  I have added an entry to /etc/pccard.conf and
found the correct "config index" (i think) using "pccardc dumpcis".   After
resolving all the resource allocation errors I believe i was able to get the
driver allocated.

When pccardd is started I now see this error message.

sio1: type 16450? with a bogus IIR_TXRDY register

I can then do a stty -f /dev/cuaa1 and I can see some basic settings.
However, when I try to use the modem the computer locks up.  This modem works
great under linux but I would rather use FreeBSD on my laptop... Can anyone
help me resolve this problem.  Is there some support needed on pccardd that is
not there?

Thanks,
Wayne