Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:33:17 -0700
From:      Trent Nelson <trent@snakebite.org>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   The MFC process...

There are currently no automated MFC systems in place, correct?  I.e. the
onus is completely on the developer that made the change to head to merge
back to stable?  Do the RELENG team do anything in particular to check
that changes for MFC actually make it back to stable?

Reason for asking, I noticed a bit of disparity between dev/isp between
head and stable/9:

% svn mergeinfo --show-revs eligible \
 svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/isp \
 svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/9/sys/dev/isp
r227126
r227548
r228914
r237210
r237537
r237544
r238486

I'm currently running a local tree with those revs merged in manually
(simply via `svn merge svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/isp .` in
/usr/src/sys/dev/isp), but it'd be nice to get them into 9.1, as they're
all past their recommend soak time (except for that last one, which is a
typo fix).

Anyway, that got me thinking about the MFC process, especially leading up
to another release, hence this e-mail.  What's the preferred way for
non-committers to bring outstanding MFCs to the attention of committers?

Regards,

	Trent.