Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:35:19 +0100
From:      Alan Robinson <alan.robinson@fujitsu-siemens.com>
To:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems installing on HP zx6000 (success)

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 10:17:19AM -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:

> Meanwhile, you can get the source that we use on the HP boxes using a
> special cvsup collection of "p4-cvs-ia64", which is *only* on
> cvsup10.freebsd.org.  It will check out in a subdir of projects/ia64/*, so
> put it somewhere out of the way and set up some symlinks or something.
> You should be able to cross build that without too much drama.  You should
> only need the kernel parts in order to get things to boot and install.

I set up a cvsup as needed, compiled the sources, used linux to
get every thing into place on the hd0 and rebooted. Started the
loader.efi and booted... and got no where. I then removed the
5.0- CDROM, rebooted again and it worked. I assume the fs1:loader.efi
was loading the fs0:<CDROM>/kernel and not my nice new fs1:kernel.

Once the kernel was up I used the 5.0- CDROM to install with some minor
partitioning problems until I gave freeBSD the complete 2nd disk.

Many thanks !

I must activate the 2nd processor and look at the crash that causes :-)

	Alan

--
Alan S. Robinson               Telephone: +49 89 636 48443/+49 172 8512843
Fujitsu Siemens Computers GmbH Telefax:   +49 89 636 40601