Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:44:21 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mozilla 1.3,2 cannot access IPv6 addressed host via IPv4

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 11:48:33PM +0900, Hiroharu Tamaru wrote:
> I updated mozilla port from 1.2.1_1,2 to 1.3,2 and realized that
> it fails to reach some sites.  It just says "Done" in the status bar
> and nothing happens.
>
> It seems to be those servers that have both IPv4 and IPv6 address that
> are the victims, eg: www.jp.freebsd.org, www.kame.net.
>
> I am running FreeBSD 4.8-RC. I have IPv6 lladdr assigned to my
> network interfaces but do not have IPv6 link to the Internet.
>
> Am I the only one seeing this problem?

The problem has brought up by me in this list already before,
only not under this aspect.

The workaround was, so far, to turn off IPV6 in the kernel.

I admit, not a beautiful solution. I posted an excerpt (sample program
that had been posted to bugzilla on mozilla.org under some bug report)

Look into this list under posts this and last week.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies@rwth-aachen.de