Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:04:13 +0200
From:      "Marco Wertejuk" <nephrose@gmx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel problems

Hi,

I searched the mailing list archives and tried something
I read there.
I entered config mode and typed:

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x330
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x388

the soundcard seems to be initialized correctly
[I hear a plop on start-up] but when I try
to play something [mpg123 alice.mp3; plop's again]
I get a DMA timeout.

I don't think that there are any conflicts because I
use the same values under Dos and Windows.

How can I resolve this problem ?

As I said before I'm using an Original Creative Labs
SoundBlaster 16 PnP [on startup identified as Version 4.13]

Regards, Marco