Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 23:26:57 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Nick Esborn <nick@capella.grayphics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1R + Adaptec 2940UW + Microp 3243WT spontaneous reboot

>I recently upgraded from 2.1.5-R to 2.2.1-R, and added a wide Micropolis
>3243WT.  Since the installation, the machine has spontaneously rebooted
>itself, and I cannot find anything in the logs to suggest why.  I remember
>reading something recently about an updated ahc driver to fix this
>problem... is this the case?

You should be running 2.2-stable on any machine that you think is
important.  2.2-stable can be obtained via CVSup by pulling the
RELENG_2_2 branch.  Details on using CVSup can be found in the
FreeBSD handbook at www.FreeBSD.org.

There were several bug fixes to the aic7xxx driver after 2.2.1R and
you will get all of them if you upgrade your sources to 2.2-stable
and rebuild the world.  (Just rebuilding the kernel may work, but
there may be some other changes in 2.2-stable that will not make
this work).

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations