Date:      Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:23:36 +0100
From:      "Alan Jay" <alanj_sw3@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with Serial ATA - Tyan Tiger i7320 motherboard

I just got a machine Tyan Tiger i7320 motherboard with a 250Gb Serial ATA
Hitachi drive.

When I try to boot FreeBSD 5.4 Release it says:

ATA0 ATAPI IDENTITY_TIMEOUT several times
And
ATA1 IDENTIFY_TIMEOUT

Before the install starts - RedHat Liunx correctly sees the drive. :(

Does this mean FreeBSD does not support this or have I got the wrong BIOS
settings.  Any help gratefully received.

It is an Adaptec AIC-8110 SATA I controller I think.  In the startup of
FreeBSD it says Intel 6300ESB UDMA100 controller (atapci0 atapci1)

Thanks
ALan