Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 03:03:33 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        znerd@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35658: java/jdk13 creates too small src.jar

No solution yet, but I know what the problem is.  Basically, before the
source is jarred up it is copied over to the release image staging area
using tar.  Unfortunately there are too many files for tar to do this in
one big hit and it dies with the error:

/usr/bin/tar: argument list too long

So, the only contents in the source staging area when the jarring occurs
are the header files which are copied separately to the Java source.

I'm looking into a few different workarounds for this.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com