Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:44:28 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: channel?

Randy,

This is from an ssh client.  Typically, a remote X client is trying
to open a connection on your display, but there's xauth credentials
problems.

When this happened to me, it was because the .profile on the remote
system was uncondionally setting the XAUTHORITY env variable to a
a file in my home directly.  The sshd daemon sets this environment
variable to point to a file it maintains as part of the X11 display
forwarding.

louie