Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:31:51 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@daemonnews.org>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>, Clinton Roane <clinton.roane@worldnet.att.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting More Users

On 2001-03-05 12:13 -0500, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 07:15:40PM -0800, Gregory Sutter wrote:
> > > Daemon News now publishes a magazine about BSD, but chances are you'll
> > > never see anything mainstream like Linux Journal or Linux Magazine
> > > simply because FreeBSD isn't a buzz word like Linux :-)
> >
> > Hey, we're working on making it mainstream.  The more authors,
> > articles, and subscriptions we have, the better we get.  So if
> > you're interested in writing, let me know.  If you want to
> > subscribe, you can do so at the Daemon News Mall:
> >
> > http://mall.daemonnews.org/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=880
> >
> > Jim, I certainly hope _you've_ subscribed... <poke poke>
>
> Oh, come now.  You can't tell me that BSDi doesn't have a stack of
> them around the office.  :)

I doubt it, but even if they did, Jim now works for OSDN, so he
wouldn't be allowed in the office to read one.  :)  (Jim, does the
OSDN office have a couple subscriptions?)

> Seriously, there is a major opening for BSD authors right now.  I have
> more requests for articles than I can possibly fill.  The only
> limitation on BSD press is *us*.  Heck, I could probably have been a
> -doc committer by now if I hadn't been churning out articles.

Well, when you weigh monetary income vs. a commit bit, I think we
know which wins.  BTW, when are you going to write an article for
Daemon News?  :)

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                   I got a 1GHz Athlon for my girlfriend.
mailto:gsutter@daemonnews.org             Good trade!