Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 1998 12:09:43 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Bus redundancy...

My concern for these is as follows:

1)	The devices on the RAID arrays are high-availability required machines
	(ie: primary NFS fileservers, News service, and the authentication
	database machines).  NONE OF THESE can afford to be down or crash.

2)	-CURRENT at present has a reputation for having some trouble,
	particularly at the kernel level.  I'm running mid-November kernels
	and operating system releases on these machines right now due to
	this.  That release *is* stable in these uses.

Am I asking for major trouble if I up-rev to a recent (like last night)
-CURRENT?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service