Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 09:42:38 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconned.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dd -- will this work??

At 12.45 10/01/97 -0600, Randy DuCharme wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>Here is yet another of my seeming endless stupid questions.  Will
>this work???
>
>THE GOAL:
>   Add new Hard Disk -> need more space for FBSD!
>
>THE SETUP:
>   sd0 == 2.1G Seagate Barracuda (wide) / WINNT 4.0
>   sd1 == 1.0G Quantum SCSI II / FBSD
>THE PLAN:
>   1: Add new disk ( IBM ULTRASTAR ES ultra-wide ) as sd2.
>   2: Move ( copy ) NT to sd2.
>   3: Replace sd1 with the Seagate and install FBSD on it.

You can try Ghost , a (dos) software that can do an exact copy of one hd to
another directly or by dumping to a file ...

http://www.ghostsoft.com

It is a commercial product, but there is a (time, usually a mounth) demo
that you can evaluate.

Let me know...

Regards...

| Internet:  gmarco@masternet.it      |        ,,,         |