Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:28:30 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Lev A. Serebryakov" <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/46179: Some gnome2 ports contain many mailformed documents & require I-Net connection at install time

>Number:         46179
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Some gnome2 ports contain many mailformed documents & require I-Net connection at install time
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD freebsd.sereb.net 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Thu Aug 8 20:06:13 MSD 2002 root@freebsd.sereb.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LEVMAIL i386
Ports collection: 11 Dec 2002

  Almost all *.omf files, which are installed on `make install' for `libgda2'
  port (part of gnome2) could not be registered, contains unknown entities,
  and so on.

  The same problem presents in `databases/libgnomedb' port and, may be, some
  other ports from gnome2.

  Some of these files (-ko and -es esepcially) contains not-UTF-8 characters
  and doesn't have any encoding specifications. `nautilus-user-manual-ko.omf)
  is example.

  Also, some files in `libgda2' (and, maybe, in other ports) port reffer to
  external DTDs on the Net, so here are many trys to access external netowrk.
  It leads to big pauses in installation on  computers without internet access.

>How-To-Repeat:

   Try to install `databases/libgda' on computer without internet access.