Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 20:34:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Dan Moschuk <dan@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The ball starts rolling

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Dan Moschuk wrote:

> Absolutely nothing.  Last I checked, they used RC4, which is fairly fast and
> efficient for the kernel.  However, I'm still debating whether or not it's
> actually _needed_.  IMHO, OpenBSD takes somethings beyond the point of
> paranoid overkill, but in this secnario I don't think it would hurt either way.

Well, if you're going to do something you might as well do it properly
:) Randomized IDs don't mean much if you can guess them :-)

Kris

----
Just remember, as you celebrate Thanksgiving with your family feasts of
turkey, cranberries, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, squash, corn,
cornbread, apples, pickles, dumplings, fish, orangutans, fruitbats,
breakfast cereals, and so forth, to keep in mind the true reason for the
season: The birth of Santa.