Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:04:51 -0600
From:      "jacktrip" <jacktrip@boernenet.com>
To:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Adding users

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF40F6.B3BFFEE0

Hi,

I'm tyring to add a user to my disk for terminal use.  I don't want the =
people on the terminals to have any access to anything on the machine, =
and so i'm useing ssh to forward them to some other machine.  I got ssh =
to work, and i got the terminals to work (whoop!), and now i'm to the =
part where i want to add a second user.  I've tried adding them to =
master.passwd and group, but when I try to login as them it just goes =
back to login.  Not asking for a password or anything.  I don't know =
what else to try, but I'm certain that the lines are correct in group =
and master.passwd.

My second question is how to take off the kernel config portion and the =
first message (PicoBSD @VER@ (DIALUP) stuff).  I don't want my users to =
know it's picobsd or to login as root. =20

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Dustin

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF40F6.B3BFFEE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm tyring to add a user to my disk for =
terminal=20
use.&nbsp; I don't want the people on the terminals to have any access =
to=20
anything on the machine, and so i'm useing ssh to forward them to some =
other=20
machine.&nbsp; I got ssh to work, and i got the terminals to work =
(whoop!), and=20
now i'm to the part where i want to add a second user.&nbsp; I've tried =
adding=20
them to master.passwd and group, but when I try to login as them it just =
goes=20
back to login.&nbsp; Not asking for a password or anything.&nbsp; I =
don't know=20
what else to try, but I'm certain that the lines are correct in group =
and=20
master.passwd.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My second question is how to take off =
the kernel=20
config portion and the first message (PicoBSD @VER@ (DIALUP) =
stuff).&nbsp; I=20
don't want my users to know it's picobsd or to login as root.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help would be much =
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dustin</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF40F6.B3BFFEE0--