Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 08:16:11 +0100
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org>, <weytslesly@hotmail.com>, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Centrino

From: "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org>

> I have booted 4.8 from CD successfully on my Centrino based Acer 800CLi,
> but not yet installed it. I'm going to give 5.1 a spin this evening once
> I've downloaded the ISOs.
>
> Duncan

Well so far two problems with 5.1-BETA. Booting with one of my Raylink
wireless LAN cards plugged results in a panic during device probes (I guess
that's either the if_ray driver of mine or something strange with NEWCARD
and
these cards). With the card removed, the boot gets to mounting md0, but
hangs.
I think ACPI is the culpritt as there are lots of ACPI errors scrolling
past - although it does detect ac power insertion etc.

Duncan