Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2012 21:50:07 GMT
From:      Stefano Marinelli <stefano@dragas.it>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/171355: FreeBSD 9.1rc1 (and 10-HEAD) not booting on HP Pavilion g6 2147sl

The following reply was made to PR amd64/171355; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stefano Marinelli <stefano@dragas.it>
To: Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: attilio@freebsd.org,
 bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 23:44:20 +0200

 http://www.dragas.org/~draga/dmesg2.txt
 >=20
 > Log looks good. If HPET is used as it should be according to =
 priorities I see (sysctl kern.eventtimer.timer returns HPET), then =
 legacy_route mode probably works as expected. In `systat -vm 1` you =
 should see about 50-70 timer interrupts per CPU.

 Yes, it returns HPET. And the sysstat reports more or less those numbers =
 of interrupts. So this has been sorted out. Now my machine is running =
 PC-BSD and looks stable (more tests needed).

 About the power consumption issue, I've just rebooted into Linux and =
 tested with the "vesa" xorg driver. Same power consumption as =
 Free/PCBSD. So definitely a GPU powersave issue. I just hope that xorg =
 will support my video card soon.

 Do you think that your patch will be a part of 9.1 final release?=20

 Meanwhile, thank you very very much for your help.=20

 Stefano=