Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:20:27 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.1 & lp0 install failes

*Figured it out, but since I already typed it up, I'll submit for the
search pages....*
Is that in the setup docs?
Need to add the defualt route in the extra setting section...ie add 10.10.10.1

HI, I'm trying to install FreeBSD 3.1 on my laptop via the parallel port.
The server machine is a 2.2.7 machine, address 10.10.10.1, the laptop
10.10.10.2, after the probe screen, I can switch to the de-bug terminal and
I see the fallowing message,
DEBUG: FOund a netwrok device name lp0
acd0:read_toc failed

When I attempt to setup the connect setup fails stating that setup of the
lp0 failed?
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Destination address required

Is it worth the effort installing 3.1? Or should I stick with 2.2.8?
Jonathan E. Lyons   			FreeBSD
parrothd@midwest.net 			MCSE, A+ Certified
http://parrothd.midwest.net/
ICQ # 14226912