Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 03:03:42 -0600
From:      Jaacen <grendel@fiber.net>
To:        "'FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org'" <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FTP/Network Installation Question

I am trying to install 2.2.6 FreeBSD via FTP on an old 486 at work.  It has a connection to the internet through the local network.  Unfortunately it is behind a firewall and I am having significant difficulties.  When I check the 2nd (alt-F2) virtual terminal I see the following:
	DEBUG: Found DNS entry for ftp.FreeBSD.org successfully...
	DEBUG: Shutdown called for network device de0
	writing to routing socket: No such process
	Delete net default : not in table
	...		network not reachable.
the machine does not have a CD-ROM drive and time is an issue (or I would just order the walnut creek CD and find a CD-ROM drive to use).
What are my options at this point?
I don't understand NFS???  All other machines on network are MS Windows NT/95.  Can I download the files to another machine and use the LAN??? or can I do something differently and use FTP.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.