Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 2020 19:23:40 +0200
From:      Goran =?utf-8?B?TWVracSH?= <meka@tilda.center>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-git@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please check the current beta git conversions

--wvvf7snra3r2vt2b

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 01:14:10PM -0400, Ed Maste wrote:
> We've been updating the svn-git converter and pushing out a new
> converted repo every two weeks, and are now approaching the time where
> we'd like to commit to the tree generated by the exporter, and
> guarantee that hashes will remain consistent from this point. At this
> point the Git Working Group believes the conversion represents a
> high-fidelity translation of the Subversion history, but would
> appreciate additional review in case we've missed anything.
>
> I'd ask folks with an interest in the FreeBSD repository to clone the
> beta conversion and review the converted history in the specific areas
> they are interested in - e.g., specific contrib/ software, device
> drivers, etc. This will also present our final opportunity to change
> the author map file, if necessary.
>
> The beta src tree can be cloned via:
> % git clone https://cgit-beta.freebsd.org/src.git freebsd-cgit-beta
>
> Please follow up this week if you notice any discrepancies or author
> entries that require updates.

Hello,

While I can clone src nicely, it is very slow in Serbia/Europe. The best
speed I got is 1.45MB/s but it's mostly around 700kB/s (still cloning). It is
probably not what you asked for, I just wanted you to know what's the speed
over here. Are there any mirrors planned? If not, is github mirror
recommended (mostly, what's the difference if I clone from cgit vs
github)?

Also, you probably want to hide gitolite-admin repo from cgit (not a biggie).

Regards,
meka

--wvvf7snra3r2vt2b

--wvvf7snra3r2vt2b--