Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 19:42:25 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>, tomppa@fidata.fi, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 driver patches

On Thu, Oct 30, 1997 at 09:44:53AM -0800, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> Hi Eivind,
>
> Have you checked in your patch?

I was waiting for feedback on the change of MUX selector values; since
everybody was silent, I committed it now.

Anybody with an angle on the DMA problems?

To repeat:

(1) A single steady vertical line when the fxtv window is in some
position in the upper and lower right corner of my screen
(1600x1200x16 bit) - the rest of the window work normally.  This one
seems likely to be a splitting problem, IFF the split is done as to
rectangles vertically.  It seems to be related to the size of the
window; I've had some problems repeating it at will, but get it
from time to time.

(2) DMA to the wrong position (horizontal offset) when the screen is
32 bits deep.  I don't have any clue as to whether this would be an
XFree86, brkt (kernel driver) or fxtv problem.

(3) Swapped lines (?)  I had something that looked like line
interchange once, but it went away when I increased the size of the
window.  Probably out of sync interlacing hardware.  Not reproduced,
and might be just 'sleight of the eye' - I have an extreme resolution,
so it is hard to see.

If any of you have any opinions/information that help me on where to
start looking for the causes of these problems, please step forward.

Eivind.