Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 19:52:06 -0400
From:      Alex Heiphetz <heiphetz@cvzoom.net>
To:        Branko Kmetec <branko.kmetec@mra.si>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: electronic commerce

At 04:30 PM 4/24/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Anybody knows some usefull resources on budilding online shops? I'm
>specially interested in information about dealing with credit cards.

There are several ways to deal with credit cards. Two most
common secure:
* use PGP (negatives: not all ISP support PGP, user might have trouble
unencrypting received order (don't overestimate their skills :-)
* use online credit card processing company. redicheck.com, authorize.net,
merchantonline.com and probably some others have interfaces where you can
conveniently plug your cgi and let them care about security (basically,
user is passed to their site, enters his credit card info there and your
cgi receives back "approved" or "denied"). Negatives: some merchants for
different reasons prefer to process orders by themselves.

Regards,
A.Heiphetz/ahg.com