Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2006 20:36:00 -0800
From:      "FreeBSD WickerBill" <freebsdwicker@gmail.com>
To:        "ports@FreeBSD. org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   can't cd to /usr/ports

"can't cd to /usr/ports"

I'm getting this in every port I try to make...it begins the make and then
errors out with 'Error  code 2' telling me it can't cd into the ports
work/portname directory. This has been happening for about a week. It's
probably some global make environment setting but I can't figure out what it
is. I've portsnap fetch extract to rebuild the tree but that didn't help. I
would appreciate any clues and thank anyone with one.