Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 19:10:31 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound support (AWE32 not detected) & FreeBSD 3.1

I am trying to do the best I can without having to resort to paying for the
opensound drivers :-)

Anyway, my FreeBSD machine recognizes all parts of my AWE64 card on bootup
EXCEPT
the AWE32 part of it:

awe0 <on port 0x620>			<--something like that
awe32 not detected			<--something like that

I have pnp.conf, which contains entries for 0x620, 0xa620, and 0xe620.
Point being, I can listen
to all my *.mp3's, almost all of my *.wav's, and none of my *.mid's :-(

Does anyone successfully have their AWE64 configured on a FreeBSD Release
3.1 machine--to where
they are using the Voxware drivers AND listening to mp3's, wavs, and midi
files?

My environment is KDE 1.1, FreeBSD 3.1, and an AWE64 Value (CTL vendor
type), and Voxware drivers