Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 16:19:31 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   state of current smp kernel..

Hi all..

After Steve's bit of detective work, the smp kernel compiles and runs for
me again, even with the distributed syscons.c etc.

I don't know why syscons is causing problems for some people, but it's
working perfectly here (I'm running it in smp right now).

For those having trouble, there's a couple of bits if info that would be
useful.
  1: does the 3.0-current kernel compile and work for you?
  2: do you have ps/2 mouse hardware on the motherboard? Is it
     disabled in the bios if you are not using it?

If the -current kernel doesn't work for you, we need to solve that problem
urgently...

-Peter