Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:28:06 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Hansel Yapadi <hyapadi@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Verify the FreeBSD`s CDs

On 2002-12-10 10:12, Hansel Yapadi <hyapadi@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> How to verify the FreeBsd`s CDs?
> Now, I`m using Redhat Linux, and It`s easy to check the cds by typing
> "linux mediacheck "

In my opinion, any method that adds "self checking" stuff to programs
is worthless its bytes, not to mention that it is also misguiding and
dangerous.  When you boot a kernel that is stored on the CD-ROM image
and uses some self-checking method to determine if the kernel and the
CD-ROM contents should be trusted, why would you trust the kernel in
the first place to do the checks without fooling you?

> Is it possible to install all packages that available in the 1-4 cds ?
> How to install all packages in one click ( I don`t need to select the
> packages one by one ) ?

Why would you want to do that?  The FreeBSD package collection
includes more than 7000 applications and tools.  I would definitely
bet you will never use all of them.  Why install then programs that
take up disk space? :)