Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2013 15:00:01 GMT
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/181159: Problem attaching USB device

The following reply was made to PR usb/181159; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
To: Antonis Anastasiadis <anastasiadis@datalive.gr>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 16:57:58 +0200

 On 08/10/13 16:53, Antonis Anastasiadis wrote:

 > Στις 10 Αυγ 2013, 4:52 μ.μ., ο/η Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no> έγραψε:
 >>
 >> Try to double the values one by one.
 >>
 >> Any change?
 >>
 >> Need to reboot or re-plug the device before testing.
 >>

 > I've managed to up them until the following values, rebooting after each change.
 >
 > hw.usb.timings.port_reset_delay: 800
 > hw.usb.timings.port_root_reset_delay: 4000
 > hw.usb.timings.port_reset_recovery: 4000
 > hw.usb.timings.port_powerup_delay: 300
 > hw.usb.timings.port_resume_delay: 640
 > hw.usb.timings.set_address_settle: 160
 > hw.usb.timings.resume_delay: 4000
 > hw.usb.timings.resume_wait: 800
 > hw.usb.timings.resume_recovery: 800
 > hw.usb.timings.extra_power_up_time: 320
 >
 > The problem still persists, although the dmesg flood rate is considerably smaller now. I guess this is to be expected.
 >
 > Unfortunately, this USB device is allocated by request for troubleshooting purposes, and I cannot have access to it for more than a few hours at a time.

 Hi,

 I'll check the code a bit later today or tomorrow. What you could try is
 to identify the parent HUB or RootHUB and then set config 255 , then
 config 0. Maybe the device will enumerate then.

 usbconfig -d X.1 set_config 255
 usbconfig -d X.1 set_config 0

 --HPS