Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@cioe.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Async NFS exports?

:    Ok, I've run some more tests.  Basically you want to run NFSv3 under
:    CURRENT and you want to run at least 3 nfsiod's.  On a 100BaseTX network

    Oh, let me be a bit more clear:  Run 3 nfsiod's on the client.  Run
    4 nfsd's on the server.  e.g. 'nfsiod -n 3' on the client and 'nfsd -n 4'
    on the server.  To realize maximum NFS performance both the server and
    client should be running CURRENT.

    If Non-FreeBSD clients cannot achieve good performance, the problem
    is with those clients and nothing you do on the server will help.

						-Matt