Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 18:27:33 +0200
From:      Tomas Kraus <kratz@internet.cz>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        calda@freebsd.cz
Subject:   Czech codepages in your web serwers

I see that your czech WWW pages about Free BSD do not work
properly. You use module for apache created by InterSoft s.r.o ...and I
think it's a mystake.
     Internet Servis, a.s. and Internet CZ (EUnet Czechia) use another
module for apache, mod_charset. It was developped by Russian Apache
group and with our patches it should be used for all czech codepages.
     We are just installing this module for Apache 1.2.4 on our web
servers and we want to allow other users to use it on their servers. It
should be also included in czech distribution of FreeBSD and Linux.

     If you'll be interesting in our version of charset module, drop me
a line to tomas@eunet.cz or kratz@internet.cz and I belive we will find
a solution. And you can have a look at http://infos.eunet.cz where is an
old version (Apache 1.1.3+CZ) which does not work with Netscape 4
"feature" in Accept Charset. New version is set on our new WWW server
infor.eunet.cz, but our clients still did not create new servers there.
     I'll reinstall Apache 1.2.4+CZ to infox & infos .eunet.cz next week
and than I can prepare public distribution pack for you and other
people. This version works good also with Netscape 4 when you do not use
tables for iso-8859-1 encoding and Russian apache group is working on
patch which will allow to override Accept Charset settings by another
selection (apache sends always iso-5599-1,*,...).
     Note: iso-8859-1 codepage is not Eastern European so there's no
need of use special tables for it. 7-bit ascii is enough.
     Codepage selection can be done by path prefix (ln -s ./ ascii in
htdocs directory and http://server/ascii/...), by Accept Charset
headders, differend ports, ...

                           Tomas Kraus
                           Application Development Director