Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:24:34 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <ume@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cyrus-SASL V1 & V2 problem with libtool

While updating the Cyrus-SASL V1 port to use saslauthd authentication
daemon,  I tried installing the Cyrus-SASL V2 port to test compatiblity of
the saslauthd daemons.  The V2 port would core dump when the saslpasswd2 and
sasldblistusrs2 programs were run, due to they were loading the wrong SASL
plugins (V1 instead of V2).  If I rebooted the systen before installing V2,
then saslpasswd2 and sasldblistusrs2 ran without core dumping..

The cause of the problem is libtool, as it runs 'ldconfig -m
${PREFIX}/lib/sasl' after it has finished installing each plugin. The
cyrus-sasl libraries don't need the location of their plugin libraries in
the hints list, as the location is built into the libsasl.so.8 and
libsasl2.so.2 libraries.

Is there a way to tell ldconfig to remove a directory from the hints list
and rescan for libraries in the ports post-install target?

Otherwise, we'll need to place a warning in the port to reboot the system
after installing Cyrus-SASL V1 & V2.

Scot

PS.  saslauthd V1 and saslauthd V2 are not compatible.