Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:13:33 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need to run a Command Once on Boot. FreeBSD8.1

	I seem to recall that there is some sort of stub that
will let one execute a script which runs at the last stage of
the boot process but I can't seem to remember enough to look it
up.

	I need to run a small script to do pwd_mkdb just once to
sync the passwd data base after booting a 8.1 system for the
first time. The system is being built via script and
/etc/master.passwd has a couple of accounts that the data base
doesn't know about. After running pwd_mkdb against
/etc/master.passwd, all is well but we are locked out of the
system until this happens.

	I may even make the script destroy itself after
launching since it never needs to run after that one time.

	Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer