Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:37:11 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: always-interactive ports

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:47:13PM +0000, RW wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:55:55 +0200
> Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua> wrote:
>=20
> >=20
> > I wonder if we have any flag for always-interactive ports i.e. ports
> > that prompt user for something regardless of all batch/interactivity
> > options. One example is java/jdk* ports that prompt user for license
> > acceptance.
> >=20
> > If we don't have such a flag, maybe we should add one.
> >=20
> > One use, for instance, is to skip such ports for portupgrade --batch.
>=20
> From man ports:
>=20
> INTERACTIVE   If defined, only operate on a port if it requires
>               interaction.
>=20
> BATCH         If defined, only operate on a port if it can be=20
>               installed 100% automatically.

That's from the building user's point of view.

The easiest way to handle this in the port itself is to set
IS_INTERACTIVE=3Dyes in the port's Makefile, as documented in bsd.port.mk.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
If wishes were fishes, the antecedent of this conditional would be true.

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd--