Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 19:46:41 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kde not allowing root to execute some commands?

I am having problems with my root account executing programs from a command
prompt.
I cannot run things like "netscape &", "gimp &", "x11amp &"...I get the
following message:

freebsd# Xlib: connection to ":0:0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Can't open Display	<--this message varies; depends on which app is trying
to be run

The other message I get is "command not found"

My personal account (kweiss) works fine with.  Yet, when I have the root
use KDE,
all the apps work fine.  Anyone know what's going on?

Thank you in advance :-)

PS - I can easily test this out by "su"ing the root, and not having the app
run, then I exit,
and I'm back to my kweiss account, and then run something like "netscape &"

Kevin Weiss
kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu