Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 09:19:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE ... ?

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" wrote:
>
> > Any chance of getting something like that added?  We've setup a server on
> > campus for the students and faculty to pull from, and have started to
> > mirror some of the often used sites, and sourceforge is next ... would be
> > nice to be able to pull from here auto-magically, if possible?
>
> Just drop (me) a note when you will have this mirror up and running, and I'll
> add it into bsd.sites.mk.

erk, sorry ... its an internal mirror for a campus of >4k students staff
and faculty ... I have the server setup so that /usr/src and /usr/ports
are open nfs'd for them as well ... my way of making their transition from
Linux->FreeBSD as painless as possible :)

Its great when you can send out a note on the local newsgroups telling
them to add MASTER_* to their make.conf so that it checks locally first,
and then you tell the Linux guys "and for you, you'll have to follow the
newsgroups to see what is mirrored" ...