Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 1997 10:52:33 -0400
From:      "Justin Turner" <jgturner@echo-on.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ATAPI IDE CD-ROM installation problem...

Hi:

	I read most of the mail list archive and couldn't find the answer to my
problem. So I thought someone over there might be able to help me out.

I am trying to install FreeBSD v2.2.1 via my ATAPI IDE Hitachi CDR-7730
CD-ROM, and I am having the following error displayed when it tries to
mount the CD-ROM media:

	Unable to mount /dev/wdc0c to /dist :Input/output error (5)

However when I first startup my system it probes and finds everything, even
my CD-ROM on wdc0. I have tried changing my IRQ for the Mitsumi CD from 10
to 11 to 12 and 13. My Network card takes IRQ 10, and my IDE takes IRQ's 14
& 15.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for any insight you could give,

	Justin.