Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:21:08 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Maninya M <maninya@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: CPUID and CPU STATE

On Friday, March 02, 2012 2:20:00 am Maninya M wrote:
> I was unable to get this information about the cpuid variable in the
> scheduler source code.
> How does cpuid get its value from the hardware?

The cpuid is a software ID value assigned during boot.  It is not
directly related to any specific hardware IDs.

> How is the CPUSTATES value obtained/changed with  hardware in the source
> code?

Do you mean, does cp_time[] handle hardware changes (hotplug CPUs, etc.)?
Currently that isn't supported, the kernel assumes the set of CPUs is
static for a given boot's lifetime.

--
John Baldwin