Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/15471: fsplit buffer overflow fixes

The following reply was made to PR bin/15471; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To: "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:42:51 +0200

 On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:06:41 PST, "Steven G. Kargl" wrote:

 > +	extern int optind;
 > +	extern char *optarg;
 > +

 I think these are declared in unistd.h, which you should always include
 for getopt(3).

 > +		extrfnd = (int *) malloc(argc * sizeof(int));
 > +		if (extrfnd == NULL)
 > +			errx(1, NULL);

 The style(9) way of doing this seems to be to put the malloc, assignment
 and evaluation in the if condition.  The same applies to your fopen()
 later.

 If I were to commit with these minor deviations from your patch, would
 you be happy?

 Ciao,
 Sheldon.