Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 13:37:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        pete@sms.fi (Petri Helenius)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: od driver

Petri Helenius wrote...

>   How do I force the system to use od0 instead of cd0 driver for a
> device? I've a SCSI DVD-RAM which I would like try to write to but
> since the cd0 driver does not support that (at least at the moment?)
> I tried to wire the drive to use od0 but was not successful.
>
>   How does one accomplish this?

Umm, you can't.  Writing to CD-R or DVD drives is very different than
writing to MO drives.  Even if you change the probe routine in the od
driver to recognize your DVD drive, writing to the drive probably won't
work properly.

I suggest that you try cdrecord, and see if you can write a DVD that way.
You can probably stick a cd9660 filesystem on the DVD.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com