Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:11:18 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Alan Sawyer <frooky@sx.com.au>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RIP

On Wed, 01 Jul 1998 at 09:06 SAT, Alan Sawyer wrote:

> Hi, an associated question ,how do I get just static routing tables?
> What I want to do is pretty easy with static tables but is proving a
> nightmare. With the linux machines, everything works okay, but to work
> with the BSD machine I have had to alias all the linux machines to have
> the ip from their class C and add an interface on them that has an ip from
> the class C of the BSD machines. Almost as if the BSD machine has an arp
> problem. Anyway, any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure what you mean.  Adding static routes is simple and
easy - you do it the "normal" way with route(8).  If you want to add the
routes on startup, see the static_routes entry in /etc/rc.conf.  Also make
sure to disable routed in /etc/rc.conf.

Explain a bit more about the problem with ARP?

-- V

Johann Visagie | Email: wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878