Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2006 03:57:48 +1000
From:      Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
To:        Jacques Marneweck <jacques@powertrip.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Doesn't *anyone* (else) use an atacontrol-built software RAID1 (mirror)?

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 04:37:49PM +0200, Jacques Marneweck wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 11:53:52AM +1000, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> I normally would reinstall a machine from scratch rather than having a mission
> to upgrade from one major release to another major release.

That's what I think that I'll have to do.  It's a pity, as I've
had good success doing the 5->6 transition in place on other
machines.  That's a much smaller step than the gargantuan 4->5
upgrade, which definitely needed a from-scratch switch (to get
UFS2 on the disks).

I suppose that I should report the raid breakage in a pr, so that
it becomes a known problem.

> Also the software pseudo raid behaves quite well from my usage of it in
> production environments.

Yes, it's certainly been working well for me on 5-stable, so far.

Cheers,

--
Andrew