Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:51:52 +0200
From:      "Alberto De Giorgi" <albertodegiorgi@iol.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re: Installing FreeBSD

1) Defrag your hard disk  . This will leave the final part of your disk  -
from some sector x on - empty.
     If you never did it before it will probably take a lot of time.
2) Now you must create a new entry in the master boot record. You can easily
do that with
    Partition Manager by Mikail Ranish :
    http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish
3) And in the end you have to install a boot manager. I use the simple and
effective Boot Control by Gertjan
     Klein ( sorry , I don't remember the www address . Let me know if you
want try this and I will send it to you by
     email )
Just one advice . Manging the master boot record is potentially very
dangerous . Therefore always read carefully the manuals that come with the
software you are going to use before acting .

bye
MDG