Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:41:13 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MAKEDEV Support for sd and st Devices (was: time for some new man pages)

In message <199809301824.LAA12735@ix.netcom.com> Thomas Dean writes:
: > What other operating systems? The only ones I can think of are
: > NetBSD and OpenBSD, and I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed
: > the CAM code soon anyway. The name of the drive device is going to
: > <snip>
: > Brian Cully						<shmit@rcn.com>
:
: SUNOS, HPUX, ULTRIX, SCO, AIX, Linux, etc...

SunOS 5.x, HP-UX 10.x use /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0.  Ultrix uses /dev/rz0a,
Don't know about sco or AIX.  Linux uses /dev/sda0.

These things aren't standardized.

Warner