Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 08:43:20 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        sandy@novanet.net.au (Sandhya), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Networking problem with re-built kernel : HELP

In article <324ADD41.5F75@novanet.net.au> you wrote:
: Hi,

: The kernel I have rebuilt boots fine. On booting the new kernel, I can
  see the ed0
: interface is active (ifconfig ed0). But if I try to ping anything I get
  the following
: error :

: ping : sendto : Permission denied

[cut]

: options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall

 If you'd bothered to read the FAQ you would have noted that since
 2.1.5-RELEASE (or a little bit before in the 2.1-stable tree) the
 default action for firewalling is to deny all.

 The reasons for this are non-debatable, and the solution is to
 initilise your firewalling rules on startup (check in /etc/sysconfig
 and /etc/rc.firewall??)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds