Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:24:33 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        Matt Swort <mswort@jane.penn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Matt Swort wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a computer sciece major and am building my own PC's to make a little
> money. I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Do I make a dos partician with just the command.com and the CDROM
> drivers loaded out of the autoexec and config.sys?

Nah. You make a FreeBSD boot disk and load the system off the CDROM
(this is one of a few possible options).

> 2) Does FreeBSD come with a boot disk?

See above.

> 3) Does FreeBSD come with a "windows interface"

Yes. XFree86. Be warned that it will take you endless tweaking before
you get it "just-right".

> 4) can FreeBSD be networked to a Win98 machine directally?

Yes.

> 5) where can i obtain the proper driver diskettes for my Fast Ethernet card
> so that they work on the BSD system?

Unless you tell us what you've got, we can't tell you if it's
supported or not.

Jonathan Chen