Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:42:04 -0700
From:      Geoff Jukema <gjukema@silk.net>
To:        Korvus <korvus@tasam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhcpc & natd

Korvus wrote:

> did you try starting natd from rc.local?
I thought rc.local was replaced by rc.conf since 2.2.5?  I have found
out more though; it could be a timing issue.  If I create a script with
just two lines in it like so:

  /usr/sbin/dhcpc ed1
  natd -dynamic -interface ed1

Then run that script after bootup, the same problem persists.  natd
reports that ed1 is not configured.  But, if at the command line I run
the dhcpc command, then wait for its reply, run the natd command,
everything is fine.  I probably should have mensioned it in the first
message, but I'm running wide-dhcpc.

Geoff

--snip--