Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:22:14 -0700
From:      Andrew Matheson <drakFB@drak.com>
To:        milunovic <milunovic@sendmail.ru>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with device rl

Vojislav,
I had the same problem with FreeBSD 4.3 and a D-Link DFE-530TX+ on a
Dell PowerEdge 1400sc.  I spent a couple of days on and off fighting
with it and couldn't make it work.  After going as far as explicitly
there, but I was desperate), I finally punted.  I returned the D-Link
and purchased an Intel InBusiness 10/100 card.  It was $49 bucks, but
worked right out of the box with the fxp driver--I didn't have to
monkey with anything.  $30 wouldn't have been worth two days even if
in the end the card had worked.  It was particularly frustrating
because everything I've read in the mailing list archives indicated
that it should work.

Good Luck,
Andrew